Tuesday, 13 January 2009

Just When Things Are Great - They Crash

I was just thinking about how sometimes things go south just when they seem like they're on track, then things get really good right after they are bad.

Everyone has a positive and a negative side, which side wins (or wins most often)? The stronger the positive, the stronger its negative resistance...

Like exercise - I know it's good for me, but just when I get going, it rains, or I don't feel like getting up early, or something happens in my business early in the day, etc.

Resistance builds, even as the good things in our life start to build.

I have several projects for work, websites and stuff. Things are quiet for ALL of them at the same time. Then things pick up and I am swamped with business.

These projects are so different it seems the odds against this would be impossible. How can websites for Health + Psychology, Industrial Filtration, Automotive, Investing, Electronics ....all slow down and speed up at the SAME TIME?

But then I realized it's not the stuff, the businesses or websites. It's me.

Positive and negative go hand in hand. The stronger the positive, the stronger its negative counterpart. Like a plane on a runway, the faster it goes the more resistance it encounters. But it needs that resistance to take off. If it slows down, the resistance goes away, but it can't fly.

Fight your way through your resistance and you'll ALWAYS get to the positive. But you have to EXPECT it to happen.

I have learned to be happy when I see resistance - it shows me that I'm on a positive track.

We get the strongest resistance to the things we want most. If you want to be happy, you also have to "be" your fundamental darkness.

You have to recognize how negativity shows up in your life. It can be devious...if you're totally laid back you may never see what bothers you. It's almost like you have to push things a little bit to get them to show up.

If things are too 'smooth' I know I need to try harder.

Sounds metaphysically groovy, I know, but it's true.

I also figured out that my PERSPECTIVE drives this ebb and flow.... the things I think are my faults can be my best strengths. If I'm stubborn about something I'm 'dense, inflexible and arrogant'... but when I turn out to be right, I am 'determined, confidant and resolute'....

It's human nature to protect myself when people try to show up my faults -especially when I'm trying to hide them from myself.

People withdraw when they get criticized. They start to feel threatened. They stop listening and pull back.

I know that my life's reflected in my environment, and my environment is reflected in me. I used to hate my job and it showed up in me while I was at work, then people picked up that negativity in me, but I felt justified and got defensive...a bad cycle.

I had to make the situation better.

It started with ME changing - not the world around me. I had to find the courage to do this.

wisdom...

courage...

compassion...

Responsibility starts with YOU too, become the change you want to be. If YOU change your environment MUST change to reflect it.

You help yourself by changing for the better... you're the one person you can definitely influence...

Michael Mack manages http://www.poweresteem.com A site for self improvement

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Michael_Mack

Okechukwu Donald Chigbu,Empowers people for success and wealth creation.
Visit his site at www.okeychigbu.comHe is also the founder www.reachouttoall.com, a ministry to a godly and successful life.

2 comments:

  1. I got this web site from my pal who told me concerning this web
    site and now this time I am browsing this web
    page and reading very informative content here.

    my webpage ... online coupons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on soft drinks.
    Regards

    ReplyDelete